Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Let's use logic with God!

I was reflecting on a lot of funny things that I have stupidly and quite ignorantly followed all my life and I would like to put forward some of the learning and views for all the readers over here:

First and foremost I would like to talk to you about the famous power spots for worshiping god  and the stuff that goes on in there in the name of god! Point number one, although the presence or blessings of some god might be all so powerful over such places, that doesn't mean that one should be treated special because of the economic status that one holds! VIP VVIP darshans that mostly baffles me, its like we also love to convey to people that yeah you got money you get to god faster? Which is nothing but a self defeating message really! And because it is so antithesis to what god is, I feel the temple authorities ought to use their brains and scrap off this rule asap!!

Secondly, I have seen people taking pledges and making offerings to god, which is fine by all means. Let us say if you happen to be Vijay Mallya who is drowned in debts, and who like a devout bhakt donated a gold door. My question is, a god that is a symbol of wealth, and who gave you wealth, how can you possibly buy out his blessings by conning so many people, not paying your employees' salaries and then sit on debts and donate this great door? Beats logic as to how he could have either paid his employees' salaries or better still help poor brahmins if at all he means to earn good karma. The normal logistic of this danam is that it will stay put in the temple with a god who cannot be bought out by wealth, simply because he is the creator of wealth! I am still trying to beat that and mind you I have done similar things albeit on a minuscule level.

Thirdly, when you go to all these great pilgrimages and come back as the same person, what is the use of going there in the first place? Eventually, you will create similar karma that landed you in trouble in the first place! I have seen this with so many people! If at all you go to all these blessed places, it is better to do some self realization of the atman, ask yourself what can I do to create good karma so that the next time I come here, I come here to thank this deity and not go there with a fresh set of problems! Without reflection, and realization neither can one accumulate good fortune nor can one even experience the so called heaven, regardless of what and how much one prays!

So let's talk of purity, and pardon me because this is going to invite taunts and attacks and rants from the so called devout followers. I was one of them, so I put forth this one simple question to people reading this post: Did Krishna desert Draupadi when she called out is name for help while she was in distress, menstruating and being stripped?

Did Krishna not eat the butter that was offered to him by a shudra lady and share the butter with her son?

Who are we to put the burden of sins for not following rituals on ordinary mortals, when the ever forgiving god himself helps those who are not pure in body but their souls, and absolves them of their sins?

I believe in no god to be honest, because the god that people sell and the god that really exists are two different entities! You don't need to sit in Himalayas, do countless japas or do tapas to realize god! You don't have to go to god to bribe away your difficulties, seek god for who he is, beyond your mind's cognizance and beyond your petty problems. Yes, I don't believe in God, I don't believe in the god that is sold to me, I believe in the god that makes sense to me with my limited understanding!

I don't do countless poojas, useless rituals and stupid consultations with astrologers anymore. I leave it to the divine to let things happen to me than a mortal predict my destiny, I thank the divine everyday for keeping me alive in the morning and giving me shelter at night to rest well, I ask the divine to give me the strength to deal with the problems my life hands me over and not crib over them. The divinity that I connect to doesn't care if I am rich, poor, dirty, clean, chaste or for that matter even wrong. So you see, I don't believe in god, just not your's I suppose.

Until then, I hope wisdom and knowledge prevails in this human race!


1 comment:

VibhutiGanesh said...

I would suggest you to

(a) evaluate your beliefs. Take a survey on this site ( http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx?QID=fba64b11-e624-4401-9b60-b6cc528ff486 ) Its worth attempting.

(b) Assess your ideas about God. You may take another interesting survey. ( http://www.philosophyexperiments.com/god/)

Hope, you will find something to extend your thoughts on the topic.