Thursday, September 18, 2014

The socrates divide: Do people in power have any idea of what they speak?

I appreciate Socrates a lot! The man was a great thinker, philosopher and at times the only one to show his middle finger to the members of the Senate! Yes I mean it. Socrates is known to look ugly, have left his hair all grown and unkempt and walk without his sandals as he felt it not worthy to be able to intellectualize or be valued.

He went about challenging the beliefs of a lot of aristocrats and that of the members of the senate, and what he discovered was: they were no better than the rest of the ordinary citizens as they too had no great answers to the most baffling questions that bothered the empire at that time nor did they have a clue as to why they did what they did.

Socrates further states that when in big positions, people are valued, to be honest there is nothing that is worth or godly like about them to even take a second look. A lot many people that I see in today's times do fit into that category. How easy is it to sit in a chair and make other people work like donkeys for you and take away their hard work as an indicator of your performance, while all that you did was to sit and hold meetings or go to conferences and show your faces?

This my dear people is modern day slavery! And a rampant one. I am yet to appreciate most of the CEO's I see or hear about. Jack welch yes. Not a lot many like Jack! That gets me down to the next issue. Are you god of the whole universe if you happened to be a CEO or whatever crap of some place? Funny how I see such people get all carried away and expect others around them also give them that respect when their job ends after 6 PM in their respective organizations. I call this the give me importance post office as well syndrome!

Your titles/credits only go till your territory, beyond that even kings and queens do not get that kind of privileges. Well some people obviously do more than the speaking to have their images precede their presence, say Bill Gates or Warren Buffet but I wouldn't count a lot many important people in that category.  In this materialistic world people think money buys everything, and I have personally witnessed in the past few days people coming to an ordinary mortal like me with their fears of death. A part of Cancer counseling that I do as I have been privy to such things in my own family since a very young age, one lady who is a millionaire, just quipped in a sad tone that all this money and I cant buy a life.

All that money eventually did not save her when she breathed her last, but yes it did benefit a lot of charities and her family in the end. Funny how people turn giving and a lot more than the selfish selves when they are on their deathbeds. Whatever stops them from doing that when they are alive is a question that does bother me. Anyways to all the people who think money can buy stuff.. You have a lot to learn from your life and teach you it will in its own funny ways!

No comments: